Saturday 5 July 2014

05 July 2014: You Are Not Alone, I Am With You

Songs that help me through the worst of times. As depressing as they are, they perfectly resemble and let me know that I'm not alone even when I am.
(Lyrics with speech marks represent words that other people have said to or about the person with a mental illness)


When She Cries - Britt Nicole
A home is no place to hide, her heart is aching from the pain that she feels.
Everyday's the same, she fights to find her way. She hurts, she breaks, she cries.
Does anyone ever hear her when she cries?
Everyone's singing but she can't seem to smile. They never get past arms length, how could they act like everything is alright? Pulling down her long sleeves, to cover all the memories the scars leave. She says, "maybe making me bleed, will be the answer that could wash the slate clean."


The Last Night - Skillet
"You come to me with scars on your wrist. You tell me this will be the last night feeling like this."
I just came to say goodbye. Didn't want you to see me cry. I'm fine but I know it's a lie.
"This is the last night you'll spend alone. Look me in the eyes so I know you know. I'm everywhere you want me to be. The last night you'll spend alone. I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go. I'm everything you need me to be."

"Your parents say everything is your fault. But they don't know you like I know you, they don't know you at all".
I'm so sick of when they say it's just a phase, you'll be okay, you're fine. But I know it's a lie.

"The night is so long when everything's wrong. If you give me your hand I will help you hold on, tonight."


Would It Matter - Skillet
If I wasn't here tomorrow, would anybody care? If my time was up I'd wanna know, you were happy I was there.
I know I'm a mess and I wanna be someone, someone that I like better.


Why - Rascal Flatts
"It must've been in a place so dark you couldn't feel the light reachin' for you through that stormy cloud. Now here we are gathered in our little hometown, this can't be the way you meant to draw a crowd. Oh, why? That's what I keep askin'. Was there anything I could have said or done? Oh, I had no clue you were masking a troubled soul, God only knows what went wrong. And why you'd leave the stage in the middle of a song."














 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments you may have about what you thought of this post as it helps me to improve my blog. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance! :)