Thursday 3 July 2014

03 July 2014: Long Time No Post

How great is happiness?! Seriously!
Most sane people probably wouldn't have actually spent the time sitting and thinking about it but then there's those few types of people who have learnt not to take that emotion for granted. Believe me, coming from someone who spent a long time without that feeling in their life, happiness is the most amazing feeling - despite love.

I'd forgotten what it was like to just have a good day. Waking up feeling refreshed and happy, doing housework while singing along (that trusty broom makes a great microphone!), knowing you have a great plan set out for that afternoon even if that just means staying in and watching movies while eating popcorn.

As much as I've gone through in the past year and a half, mentally and physically, it has all taught me many lessons: the strongest being to not take anything for granted, especially positive thoughts and feelings. These are what you live for. I aim to keep my thoughts and feelings hidden most of the time but try to be the person who reflects positivity and happiness. Whether that means smiling at random strangers, being the girl who is always laughing or being able to put a positive spin on bad situations, I believe that everyone needs someone like this in their life. For them to go and talk to this person no matter what the time and know that they will walk away from that conversation feeling ten times better. Weirdly, I have always felt that it's my duty to be one of these people. Laughing at everything comes naturally to me and I find it easy to see the positive in other people's situations. I fight constant battles with myself, my thoughts and my experiences but to be able to be the person that keeps others sane is what I hope I have become over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments you may have about what you thought of this post as it helps me to improve my blog. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance! :)